Welcome to the David Shepherd Cricket Trust where we support young cricketers in Devon.
Who are we?
We are a charitable trust with the simple aims of:
- Helping more young people to play and enjoy the great game of cricket
- Helping the talented to become future stars of the game
We achieve this by supporting programmes and projects that help young cricketers in Devon.
What do we do?
- We encourage you and your family to become members of the Trust and feel part of the community of youth cricket in Devon
- We run events that raise raise money for the Trust so that we can do more to help young cricketers in Devon
- We ask you to make a donation, leave a legacy or provide sponsorship for the activities in which we are involved
- We invest in projects and programmes that help us to achieve our goals
What can you do?
- Please go join or donate, or participate in one of our events, or
- If you work with young cricketers, please apply for funding
The David Shepherd Cricket Trust was formed by the merger of two existing charities already working to support young cricketers in Devon; The David Shepherd Cricket Foundation and the Devon Youth Cricket Foundation. The merger allowed us to have much greater impact and to benefit even more young people.
We are delighted that our patrons are Chris Read (former Nottinghamshire and England cricketer and past Devon youth player), and Heather Knight, the England Women’s cricket captain and a former Devon and Plymstock player. We are immensely grateful for their support and encouragement. Thank you to you both.
Our key partners
We are delighted to work with a wide range of people and organisations across the county to ensure that we can help more young people to enjoy cricket. But our key partners are:
- The clubs (and their youth sections in particular), the coaches that work with young cricketers, the Devon Association of Cricket Officials and County Age Group Cricket
- We are also very proud of our close relationship with Devon Cricket Board and Devon County Cricket Club with whom we supported programmes such as the Devon Lions and the Devon Youth Cricket Association
- We are also grateful to people such as Patrick Eagar, who have given the photos of David Shepherd that are displayed on this site